Returning to this subject:

I found some odd results. If the user has an older than 2017 version of the
dictionary, the Extension Update dialog will report that version 2017.05.01 is
available. If the user has the 2017.05.01 version or newer it will always
report that "No new updates are available."

I hope Andrea has some ideas on this.

Regards,
Pedro