Hello all,

In the past we have discouraged the use of https://downloads.apache.org/ because of Infra.

I had a discussion with Humbedooh if this is still the case. And the discussion outcome is, hat they only need a view days to adjust in order to be able to secure the service.

It may be that on peak times the download speed drops, but traffic or the amount of downloads is not a topic.

A topic will be to obtain statistics. I have not discussed this yet. But the data is not publicly available, and I so far obtained only a list from last week, because I figured that some are already promoting the link.

(With about 6k of download on friday, 4k on thursday, and 500 on wednseday. (thursday I figured that some sites announced 4.1.10. (They even link the draft release notes :P )

So what do you think? Should we promote the alternate link with this release more publicly maybe on Forums and go for a transition to a different download policy?

All the Best

Peter

--
This is the Way! http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html