Hello Marcus, All,

On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 11:01:10PM +0100, Marcus wrote:

[huge snip about official build scripts on macOS]

> For the AOO41X release branch we really should try as best and long as
> possible to keep the setup the same like the past releases to give a (kind
> of) guarantee that a new release would run also in the same PC environment.
>
> So, the next step is to see if the build is also successful with Java 7. But
> as I see this already in progress <finger crossing>. :-)

The official build script cannot work as-is, because it expects the
only XCode to be version 7.

On Catalina, we rather have to install XCode 12.0.1 and then the SDK
only from XCode 7.3.1, using the XCodeLegacy script.

The following lines have to be commented out:

----8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<---------
$(xcode-select -p | grep "Xcode7" -q)
if [ $? != 0 ]; then
    echo "xcode-select must point to Xcode7."
    exit 1
fi

This should not be a big problem IMHO.

I hope this helps,