Hi Arrigo,

On 4/17/22 9:25 AM, Arrigo Marchiori wrote:
Dear Jim, All,

I cannot build the current RC on my CentOS 5 VM (x86, 32 bit) using
the build script from Subversion.

The configure script aborts because it cannot find the gio library:

----8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<---------
checking whether to enable GIO support... yes
checking for GIO... no
configure: error: Package requirements (gio-2.0 ) were not met:

No package 'gio-2.0' found
----8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<---------

Maybe we should add the parameters --enable-gnome-vfs and --disable-gio
to the script, because of commit 16f572b ?

Please let me know if there are any better solutions.

Best regards,

It isn't a requirement to test build on CentOS 5 just because that is our official build platform.
I gave up on it years ago.

I test build on CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 18.04 for example and modify the build configure to suit my systems.

Apologies if you were aware and just like the challenge :)

Best regards,
Carl