Hello all,

I am still working myself into Pootle.

Pootle stores the translation at default on the filesystem. There is a backend which can utilize git. Pootle commit changes on the translation towards the git repository.

It would give us maybe the opportunity to maintain different Iteration of OpenOffice Translation texts.

For example. 4.1.x and 4.2.x Translation sets do not match. Maybe we could use Git to have a 4.2.x branch,another branch will contain 4.1.x Translation files.

We could then think of a Version Mapping and a back push translation system. This is just a crazy Idea at this moment, to manage the string changes between Versions.

What do you think? Is this an Idea to look into? Please write me your opinion. Thanks.

All the best

Peter