Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 19, 2023, at 6:06 AM, Aivaras Stepukonis <astepuko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Corentin,
>

> What are the reasons or arguments for the change?
>

> I find the core of the current logo fine for aesthetics and effective for
> communication. The only thing I’d change is remove the “Apache” and “®” from
> it, as both these elements crowd the logo, weakening the focus, and
> ultimately break the simplicity and modernity of the /initial/ logo (it was a
> stylistic regression to insert them). Here’s a quick comparison
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/14alFGqcFB_hxBCIcCa8MOL8AJXqaiceu/view?usp=sharing>.

One. The circle R is there because Apache OpenOffice is a registered trademark
in the US and other jurisdictions.

Two. Having Apache present shows where the project is. We do have issues with
trademark violations and also who trademarks on variants one example is
OpenOffice.de which either simply republishes our software or for Windows will
also install unfriendly software that no one wants.

A better version in SVG would be great, but please don’t change the text.

Best,
Dave