> Ah, I'm looking forward to when you come asking *where* in
> the code to fix it :)

That's easy to find.  There are only about a dozen matches in the source
code for RestrictedPath and RestrictedPaths ;-)

> The idea was to have a feature which prevents users from
> changing the respective setting. Nowadays, where the
> configuration supports locking settings into "readonly"
> state, probably nothing is to say against making this a
> configuration setting.

That was my concern, too, which is why I didn't understand the choice of a
environment variable.

On Windows XP, you have both "system variables" and "user variables".  If
both values are set, the user value overrides the system value.  In fact, I
just tried this, setting two different values for RestrictedPath, one in a
system variable in the other in a user variable, and OOo used the user
value.

Is there something I'm missing?

Allen