>       The intent is not to mislead, but present the reality.
> I would argue that talk of "Joint", and "Shared" in copyright
> assignments (by
> contrast) is to market the unpleasant fact with meaningless
> friendly sounding terms :-) ie. the plain truth is perhaps
> not quite as obvious as you suggest.

I would agree with that statement.  "Joint Copyright" is just for show.  In
practice, a contributor would have the right to use the code under the LGPL
anyway, and if the code is derived from OOo, would have no rights to
distribute the code except on the LGPL.  The only right added by the "Joint
Copyright" is the right to sue for copyright violation, which is again, not
a right that will probably ever be put into practice.  In summary, the
"Joint Copyright" does not add any useful rights that the contributor would
not otherwise have, and is therefore just for show.