On 10/20/08 15:08, Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
See issue 95199 for my currently prepared (and already implemented)
solution, though a post-commit hook also sounds interesting.
I just tried to add an svn:ignored dir. That works.
If someone does a "svn diff" in a module, and sees:
? source/somenewfile.cxx
? source/somenewfile.hxx
he might be tempted to do a 'svn add *; svn ci -m "my message"'
and goes to grap a coffee. When he returns he has happily commited the output trees. That seems kinda dangerous to me. If we svn:ignore output trees, we should also prevent them from being commited (if we have a list of platforms that are svn:ignored, we could also specifically look for those in the precommit hook).

BTW this is just as dangerous when having the output trees in global ignore in the config.

Have Fun, Björn