Le vendredi 16 janvier 2009 16:08:40 eric b, vous avez écrit :
> I don't know the API, but I got several questions :

The API is really a programmer's relief. Simple, straightforward, clean.

> - I know the Linux/ Mac side could be ok, but how does it work on
> windows ?

Short answer: very well.

BTW, one of the advantages of such a change would be that all widgets would
have the "native" look and feel of the platform.

> - vcl has a lot of deep roots in OOo, land this will be a long and
> difficult task to change.

Yes. But it's been years that VCL replacement is discussed, now OOo has an
opportunity to delegate the graphical lowest layers to a rock-solid, C++,
toolbox.

There's of course the intermediary solution to have a VCL-Qt driver (vclplug)
that would do the job in the intermediary phase.

--
Writing about music is like dancing about architecture -- Elvis Costello