When reading the announcement, I also though that Qt would be a valid
option now :)

The reason that I didn't post it here was that I didn't want to discuss
it when nobody would work on a VCL replacement now.

Sun Team in Hamburg not working on it of course doesn't mean that not
somebody else could do, but:

I think it's reasonable to wait what the project renaissances
(http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance) will bring us.

If the outcome of that project is that almost all UI would be created
from scratch, than changing the toolkit is not so much (extra) work
compared to "just" switching to a new toolkit.

And just for clarification: Qt could be something for the _widget_ part
of VCL. Exchanging the output device part of VCL probably wouldn't be
very reasonable, because a lot of magic for CTL, RTL, Font stuff, meta
file recording etc. is built in there. At least it would be a (very) big
additional chunk of work.

Malte.