On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:52:11 +0200
Rene Engelhard <r...@openoffice.org> wrote:

> How is patch -pX lack of resources? How is telling people how they
> need to change stuff to get a patch (which works for everyone else
> except Sun and is needed there) finalized to get integrated a resource
> problem? (The fix I have in mind is a triviality for someone who knows
> how to add/hide stuff in the Options dialogs)
First the issue must be understood(*), then the patch need to be
reviewed, it must build warning-free on all platforms against baseline
and be QA'ed. You cannot simply apply 10 patches and be done in half an
hour.

So you might consider our processes unsuited for our needs -- if you do
so, that might be discussed. But that is per se a completely different
discussion from the distinction between Sun and Non-Sun contributors.

Best Regards,

Bjoern

(*) Which is not trivial at all: Some patches change behavior they
consider as a bug, while others would consider the same as a feature.