Hi,

Firstly, please excuse my ignorance as I am a newbie and my
understanding is limited to what I have been able to glean of the
internet so far.

I'd like to help out too if possible as I have been toying with an idea
in my mind for some time now and I wanted to bounce it off this forum to
see if there is any merit in it.

I was thinking that unittests need to be written beginning with the
older RTF specifications in order that OOo can be checked for conformity
to the part of the spec that is publicly released. I had a look at the
QA project but the test specifications and scripts seem to be more
written around fixing existing issues rather than checking conformity
with existing format specifications. My thoughts are that the unittests
should be capable of being run against both OOo and MS Word.

How is the testing currently done?

Unfortunately I cannot program in C++ at the moment but I can manage to
program in Python and C (although the C is quite rusty as it has been a
few years).

I sure would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Colin