Axel von Matern wrote:
Yea the export tab is a great leap forward for this project! Makes it so much more useful then any other map service! Thanks!!!!

(WARNING POSSIBLE FEATURE REQUEST)
- Is it possible to export larger chunks of the maps at the maximum level of detail?
I guess the size of the export really is a question of performance, as there's only a finite amount of processing power that can be devoted to the export functionality. If you need such larger chunks, you could try and download successive bits of the extent you need and paste them together again, or write a custom script that directly downloads the relevant tiles. Also, you could try Kosmos as an alternative rendering engine.

(WARNING DWEEB QUESTIONS)
- Is it possible to import the XML-file into Illustrator?
- When I use this map, how can I tell the scale and projection when printing? Would it be correct just to say WGS84? And calculate the scale manually. Would that be enough to get that professional touch?
The projection issue would be solved by the integration of world files or geoaware formats as proposed. I guess thats a job for phase two.

begin:vcard
fn:Patrick Weber
n:Weber;Patrick
org:University College London
adr:;;Gower Street;London;;WC1E 6BT;United Kingdom
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Engineering Doctorate Student
tel;work:02077185430
url:http://www.ucl.ac.uk/cemi