On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 01:16:47AM +0300, Lauri Hahne wrote:
> I wouldn't really tag hospitals with religion=something. Rather it
> should be culture=something as even people who aren't religious like
> to use symbols which are specific to a culture.

It's the same nonsense, see below.

> It's just a local custom and has nothing whatsoever to do
> with religion.

Exactly my point, 'it's just a local custom' for how map symbols should look.
And lcoal customs should not be tagged as such. Otherwise you would need to
introduce the "render_motorway=orange" tags with the very same reasoning.
Germans will want their "render_forests_with_German_map_tree_symbols=True" with
the same justification too. And this justification would be no less valid that
culture=muslim to make the hospital symbol different.

Local map style customs should be handled with locally valid style sheets and
not with clumsy tagging.

spaetz