On Sunday, November 29, 2009, Simone Cortesi <sim...@cortesi.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 15:46, Nick Black <nickbla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Interesting data.  If there are 190,000 OSM contributors and around
>> 10% of them are active, how come there are 50,000 users using Potlatch
>> on one day?
>
> probably that is the total changesets "produced" with the given
> editor. not on a single day. 25th is the date of the snapshot.

That's right, the numbers are from last week's changeset dump. So it
only counts changesets created between then and whenever the editor
started writing created_by tags on changesets. About six months or so.

Since mapzen wasn't out on the 25th those numbers are low, but I
expect they'll pick up on the 2nd.

Cheers,

Matt