On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 20:09, Matt Amos <zerebub...@gmail.com> wrote:
> as a massive self-plug, here's a more in-depth look at some of the
> editor data. unfortunately, there isn't enough data to do this for any
> editor other than the "big three", but hopefully in six months time...

This looks nice. It's certainly a lot better than my ad-hoc statistics
I posted in september:

    http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2009-September/042902.html

One thing that I missed about your stats though is language statistics
like the ones I posted (but done better with fancy graphs, obviousl
:).

Since I posted my stats I've added information about the user language
to Potlatch (previously only JOSM had them), but unfortunately it
looks like the Merkaartor people have ignored my request of adding it
to their created_by string.

It would be really cool to see statistics per-editor and per-language
presented in such a way that one could gauge whether an editor being
localized had an effect on its update.

I recently found out for example that the Potlatch translation into
Italian was really incomplete while JOSM was almost 100% translated
into Italian (and JOSM has like 4000 strings while Potlatch has around
300). I contacted some Italian translators about this and Potlatch now
has a much better Italian translation.

Perhaps some Italians where shunning Potlatch because of this, it
would be interesting to see stats to confirm or disprove that.