Hi Nic,

> One solution is to add your own tag to the OSM files you generate e.g.
> smartsoft_id=nnn. And publish the files for review somewhere. Then
> scan the minutely updates at planet.openstreetmap.de for your id
> numbers and when they appear you can delete them from your DB.

Thanks, that sounds like a plan. Downloading and unzipping the files
automatically (cronjob, expect script) will require some tinkering, but
this is certainly doable with medium efforts.

The OSM are supposed to be put on our webserver!? How do I announce a
new OSM file to whom?

> You can also upload data directly to OSM and get the IDs. But if you
> don't allow us to at least see before hand what you are up to, you run
> the risk of making us angry.

Hmghh! I will check out both approaches!

Thanks,

  Andreas