On 4 April 2010 04:41, Richard Weait <rich...@weait.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 10:06 PM, Kenneth Pardue <kenn...@pardue.me> wrote:
>> Looks like I may have run into a serious error trying to figure out the NHD
>> data conversion.  In trying to merge and upload the data for an entire
>> subbasin in order to keep duplicates down, I instead ran into an error in my
>> upload at some point during the process, leaving me with nearly 350,000
>> orphaned nodes. o.O

For this amount of data it would really make sense for the person
responsible to put the small effort in it and use the orphaned nodes
for the import, not delete and recreate because you have code ready to
do this.  Also maybe people should sort big changesets using something
like the script at [1] before uploading, so all nodes don't come
before ways, before relations.

Cheers

[1]
http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/import/bulkupload/smarter-sort.py