On 28 April 2010 18:33, Lennard <l...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> No, if they were broken, they wouldn't render in the first place.

They render as lines instead of areas, but they still render, I've
dealt with this issue a lot of time with broken postcodes in
Australia, fix the relation you fix the rendering...

> Easy: slap a "where osm_id>0" on that query you posted, and only render
> the (correctly tagged) ways. :)

That doesn't solve the issue, that just excludes information from
relations, we need to use relation information if the way information
doesn't exist, similar to the way information from relations work for
other objects.

This is the order things need to be found, through a subselect or
join, after finding distinct segments, from those segments we need to
sort by way admin_level, and then by relation admin_level, simply
excluding information only glosses over the issue by excluding broken
multipolygons.