El 28/04/2010 10:13, John Smith escribió:
> This is not the right way to do things, we need to fix the rendering
> software to work properly, not use bots so software devs have a simple
> way out.

No, no, no. There is no point being an "architecture astronaut"[1] and
making sure we've got the most perfect rendering system in the whole
universe.

[1] http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000018.html

This is less about thinking and more about doing. Believe it or not, the
first method that is able to solve the boundaries problem will win. No
matter if it's a bot, a osm2pgsql patch, or an ugly SQL query on the
mapnik stylesheet side of things.

And, personally, I think that a bot is the simplest, quickest way of
achieving this.

Cheers,
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <i...@sanchezortega.es>