On 28-6-2010 23:05, yvecai wrote:

Don't know about the other things, but this remark peeked my interest.
What rendering rules had changed, and why would you feel the need to
rerun generate_xml.py for them?
The <Rule></Rule>s have been changed on my own setup to modify the
rendering style: I try too find out something nice and chilly around the
openpistemap tags.

Unless you're generating a copy of the stylesheet for some particular reason, there is no need to rerun generate_xml.py if you change something in the XML files. Just point your software to osm.xml, and mapnik will find and include the other files.

--
Lennard