I am aware of and accept different point of views about the project. I am only
speaking my own opinion and also I don't agree that it is not a discussion for
dev list. Right now there is a unique chance to get restyling a shot because
Mapbox is involved and obviously they have the expertise to do it or at least
initiate and maybe lead the effort.

I do agree that wishful thinking threads do not belong on dev mailing list but
I would say that right now a discussion like this should happen here, again
because of Mapbox folks looking for areas to be improved. I would love to hear
from them on this topic, preferably with all the gory technical details (mapnik
0.x vs 2 etc).

Pawel

Pawel