Greetings,

Sorry about the subject line. I couldn't come up with anything better.

Continuing to learn my way through "relations" and assorted "tags",
I came across relation=3489649 [0], island of Oahu, HI, USA. What
interests me is its "way" member=428362225 (Way: War Memorial World
War II) [1] with role="".

It seems that this association is a mistake. If so, is there a
better place to report these sort of things as I come across them?
As I am still learning my way through the data, I don't wish to
do wholesale edits.

Question: Is there a general rule used when processing role=""?
OSM wiki for Relation [3] indicates that roles are optional. It
looks that OSM is rendering way=428362225 as an area [4].

Thanks in advance,
--patrick

[0] http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3489649
[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/428362225