Hi!

When I try to run https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/24801630 through the
commands you provided, it will come out fine. In fact it comes out
twice, once as LineString, once as MultiPolygon.

Tested with:

wget -O w24801630.osm https://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/way/24801630/full
osmium tags-filter w24801630.osm amenity building craft cuisine diet leisure
office public_transport railway shop sport aeroway --remove-tags -v -o
poi.osm.pbf
osmium export poi.osm.pbf --output-format=geojsonseq --omit-rs
--add-unique-id=type_id -v -o poi.json

This shouldn't be different if it is in the planet file. Where did your
planet file come from? Can you provide a minimal example instead of one
that needs an (unspecified) planet file?

Jochen

Jochen Topf  joc...@remote.org  https://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-351-31778688