This is a good write-up of supporting a Go-runtime. I wrote a sample
library to help Go a while back, it might be useful to review for a
starting point:

If we have a `binary` runtime for Go, can this also be used with other
static binaries if they support the correct API endpoints? If so, we
could have a generic binary runtime to support more languages.

On 10 February 2018 at 16:37, Carlos Santana <> wrote:
> details details ...
> Will help along the way
> Yay !! OpenWhisk Go!
> On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 10:57 AM Rodric Rabbah <> wrote:
>>  > One problem I see is the /run running on port 8080 there will be a port
>> conflict.
>> Michele said "exec", so the initial proxy will replace itself with a new
>> proxy and the compiled function.
>> Should avoid port conflict. A wrinkle I see is terminating the /init
>> connection held by the invoker (so this has to be orchestrated properly).
>> There might also a need to retry the /run in case of a failed connection
>> (because new proxy isn't up). We had disabled this explicitly at one point,
>> but I don't foresee a show stopper yet.
>> -r

James Thomas