> If we have a `binary` runtime for Go, can this also be used with other
> static binaries if they support the correct API endpoints? If so, we
> could have a generic binary runtime to support more languages.
I definitely think yes.

In my opinion you can have 2 ways of supporting native actions.
One is with the "popen" that will start another process.  Another is with the
replacement, the one I am trying to implement.

However I think  it is possible to have something in the middle, for example
with a named pipe.

An executable may then be started as a child process, for example, reading
continuously the input in the file descriptor 2 line by line and writing in fd
3. Or maybe using IPC.

After implementing the Go support we can see if this is also possible.