hi folks,

in a past sync we discussed the prospect of combining all of the
Parquet subprojects into a single code repo. Since there are some
other programming languages which may join the fold (Rust, C#.NET), it
would be beneficial to combine everything into a single repository to
assist with integration and compatibility testing.

Subprojects (C++, Java, etc.) could still have their own versioned releases.

Is this still of interest to the community? I would be willing to
assist with this effort. In theory the repo merge could be performed
without loss of git history in the respective projects.

- Wes