I don't really like the idea of a single repo for all the languages. That's
what we have in Avro and I tried (and failed) to separate everything out.
The build is more complicated, tests take longer and duplicate work, and we
end up needing to maintain old code that no one works on.

I'd rather see separate repositories and a central test repository that
uses released versions from the others. Release candidates could be added
with PRs. Isn't it better, for example, to test a new CPP version against
the latest Java release instead of unreleased branches of both?

That said, I realize that this community isn't like Avro and the projects
are more active, so if there's consensus the other direction I'll go along
with it.

rb

--
Ryan Blue