Hi Martin,
No it's not attached, the dev mailing lists prevent this.
Btw these templates might be copyrighted. As a general rule, stuff that is created with "thinking" is copyrighted ("Schöpfungshöhe" in your and my language). A complicated test pattern would be copyrighted. And in Germany, every photograph is copyrighted. Google for "Marions Kochbuch" to understand what I mean :-)

Probably, Maruan's offer is the best. He's a committer so he can create something and give up the copyright to Apache.

Tilman