Hi Pariksheet,

Phoenix Tracing might help you here. See:
http://phoenix.apache.org/tracing.html

With tracing on, you can get information on the the scans being executed -
duration of each scan, region server on which it is being executed, query
plan etc. All this is logged in the trace table (default -
SYSTEM.TRACING_STATS). You would want to use our latest release 4.3 (soon
to be out) since it has a critical fix for a bug that was causing region
servers to crash (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1596).

We have plans for enhancing our tracing framework. See -

As far as exposing JDBC metrics through JMX, we have something similar
planned for logging client side metrics:

Hope this helps.

- Samarth