Outsider looking in; Many language runtimes allows embedding of other
languages' runtimes within. So why not pick a languages that is reasonably
easy to integrate into other languages, and then write the drivers in a
fully fledged programming language, rather than the DFDL abstraction or
creating a new DSL with a whole slew of consequences later on.

Languages that might be suitable; JavaScript, Lua, Forth, microPython or
even C...

Niclas

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer