Hi Chris,

a super late answer on that topic.  For me it is just much other stuff to do.
But I will try to show some presents in the next month. Because we have now a
first running draft of the OPC-UA bridge server, based on the eclipse OPC UA
milo project  where it is possible to create proxy nodes which forwards
read/write and subscribe operations to a PLC4J endpoint.
So it is possible to offer the whole interface of PLC4J in a OPC UA Server
which will be interesting for homogenous system configurations or to retrofit
older machines with OPC UA.
I hope to provide there a PR for the sandbox in the next 2-3 weeks and we will
further work on this bridge server to include a automated tool for the
generation of the OPC UA proxy nodes.
Besides that I hope to refactor my OPC UA mess and include besides the tcp
protocol also some more features and a bit of documentation 😉

Greetings Mathi
Matthias Strljic, M.Sc.

Universität Stuttgart
Institut für Steuerungstechnik der Werkzeugmaschinen und
Fertigungseinrichtungen (ISW)

Seidenstraße 36
70174 Stuttgart
GERMANY