Just had another idea ...

How about giving this driver no real transport at all (think we have the dummy
transport ... that works like a charm) and then to provide the means in the
subscription addresses? This way I could start discovering serial, passive and
active ... and perhaps even multiple instances with just one connection ...

Chris