Ok ... picking up the ball on this again :-)

So yesterday I added 4 empty interfaces to the SPI. All are in the
"org.apache.plc4x.java.spi.discovery" package.
I guess I could probably omit the "SupportsDiscovery" interface which all
others extend, but I'll leave it for now.

In general there seem to be 3 types of discovery mechanisms (regarding network
technology):
1) Actively connect to a device
2) Passively listen to traffic
3) Send some broadcast packets (Not 100% sure about the name)

If I missed one, please tell us about it.

I guess the broadcast has to be differentiated a little as I have seen
broadcasts events being sent out and the other members respond by a broadcast
themselves or they send a direct packet to the source of the broadcast.

I also added a "discovery" driver in the sandbox, but that's just a work
proposal for now ... if we decide to do it that way, if we want to extend the
PLC4X API directly or even do both, I guess that's up to us. For now I'd like
to concentrate on getting first discoveries working somehow.

So my first steps would be to propose some methods in the corresponding
Discovery interfaces. As soon as that's done I would take a driver and try to
implement the discovery for that.

So ... my friends ... I really need your input on this ... I do know some of
you already have thought about discovery and I would like to channel these
thoughts into something productive :-)

Looking forward to some feedback.

Chris