Hi,

I have reviewed some of the Bug-Entries for HSSF/XSSF/SXSSF over the last
weeks and saw two "hotspots" currently, namely shifting rows/sheets and
cell formatting in general.

Doing bugfixes in these areas seems likely to cause other issues and thus
for me is not ideal at the end of a release phase. In both cases I would
rather discuss if we can refactor the implementation more radically to fix
the areas in the long run.

For shifting I think the removing/re-adding is causing a number of
problems, is it possible to exchange this with adjusting the position of
the row/sheet in-place?

For formatting I am not sure, it probably is not well documented on the
Microsoft-side and thus hard to catch all possible cases, therefore making
any implementation inherently prone to bug-reports, or?

Thanks... Dominik.