I'm all for standardizing the API between modules, however I have a large
amount of code using the current XSSF API, in conjunction with another
library, Vaadin-Spreadsheet.  I'm in the process of submitting a large
change request to that group , adding my features to their product.  They
already are slow to adopt POI updates when APIs have breaking changes.  I'm
worried a large change to 3.17 will disrupt my work there, now that I've
finally got their attention.

I would prefer this wait until 3.18, for purely selfish reasons, as we've
already released a beta for 3.17.

Greg

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017, 03:14 kiwiwings <kiwiwi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Alain,
>
> I have this issue on my todo-/watchlist, but I currently haven't got much
> time for POI.
> So if no-one else jumps in, you can ping me.
>
> We haven't yet started with the preparations for 3.17 final/4.0 - so I
> think, we'll get that one in before.
>
> Best wishes,
> Andi
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/XDDF-implementation-shared-between-XSSFChart-and-XSLFChart-tp5728473p5728474.html
> Sent from the POI - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscr...@poi.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-h...@poi.apache.org
>
>

Reply via email to