On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 13:31 -0500, john dunning wrote:
> Hi all.  While trying to test something else, I attempted to set up my
> qpidd with some certs, according to the instructions in
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/ref/ssl/gtstd.html
>
> I'm losing big time; I can start qpidd ok, but when I try to connect to
> it, both client and server flame, with errors like this:
>
> 2010-01-27 12:49:23 error Error reading socket: Unknown error
> 18446744073709551615(-1)
>
> I've kicked it around with some folks around here, and the concensus is
> that either there's something non-obvious wrong with my certs, or a new
> bug has crept into the code.

If this is a bug it's not a new one I was seeing that (or a similar
error) for months instead of the ssl test succeeding during "make
check", at some point someone changed the ssl testing and I stopped
getting this message.

I think that before it was something to do with not correctly generating
certificates. It may have been related to multiple interfaces/hostnames
on the test machine, or matching up the certificate name to the
hostname.

There is a bug here though for sure and that is the error message is
useless.

Andrew