Just as a separate data point.... I have RHEL 5 w/ valid certs created
per the instructions given.

> > I'm losing big time; I can start qpidd ok, but when I try
> to connect
> > to it, both client and server flame, with errors like this:
> >
> > 2010-01-27 12:49:23 error Error reading socket: Unknown error
> > 18446744073709551615(-1)

When doing some initial testing from Linux client to Windows broker, I
get this same message (or something very close) on the Linux client.

> That error does seem to be a regression of some sort; on an earlier
> version I get the following logged on the broker:
>
> 2010-jan-29 07:21:49 error Could not accept socket: Failed: SSL peer
> cannot verify your certificate. [-12271]
> (qpid/sy/ssl/SslSocket.cpp:123)
>
> My initial guess would be that perhaps changes around the connection
> code have broken correct error handling in some way (or for some
> conditions).

Right... Getting that latter message would have been very helpful :-)

-Steve