Hi Folks,

I have the Ant builds completing successfully on my CI server.  What is
different about the output for Royale is that we are experimenting with
different packaging so we don't need to use the Apache Flex SDK Installer,
which was having problems with large Adobe AIR SDKs.

There are two kinds of packages, one I'm calling FlexJS which can output
both SWF and JS, and one currently called JSOnly that will likely be named
Royale later.  These packages may not work right now, but at least should
serve as a starting point.  I've seen both be accepted by Flash Builder as
a valid Flex SDK, but haven't tested that they compile projects
successfully.

The JSOnly packages are available here:

http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/royale-asjs-jsonly/lastSuccess
fulBuild/artifact/out/apache-flex-jsonly-0.9.0-bin.tar.gz
http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/royale-asjs-jsonly/lastSuccess
fulBuild/artifact/out/apache-flex-jsonly-0.9.0-bin.zip

You should be able to just unzip this package and use it in Flash Builder.
 Hopefully other IDEs as well.  I've only tried in on my Mac.

The FlexJS packages are available here:

http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/royale-asjs/lastSuccessfulBuil
d/artifact/out/apache-flex-flexjs-0.9.0-bin.tar.gz
http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/royale-asjs/lastSuccessfulBuil
d/artifact/out/apache-flex-flexjs-0.9.0-bin.zip

These packages need the AIR SDK and playerglobal.swc.  First, unzip this
package into a folder, then from that folder, run:

  ant -f InstallAdobeSDKs.xml

It should provide instructions on how to get the AIR SDK and playerglobal.
 This is just one idea for how to do this.  I'm not sure it is the best
way, but my goal was to get us out of the game of presenting Adobe's
licensing acceptance in our code.  I think there are plans to use NPM as
well.  Other ideas are welcome.

Hopefully Maven builds will be available soon.  Note that the code is
still referencing Flex and FlexJS everywhere.  That will likely change
next week and be replaced by Royale.

Later,
-Alex