Om,

Can you explain to us what our options are?  Essentially, the JS-only
package will be a subset of a package that can output both SWF and JS and
will probably have slightly different default settings in, for example, a
frameworks/royale-config.xml file.

It is looking like we can create a zip package for JS-only that will work
in Moonshine and VSCode, but to fully make it work in Flash Builder (and
maybe some other IDEs) you will need to run a script of some sort that
fixes up some FB launch configurations that convert Flex projects to
Royale projects.

The current plan for a "FlexJS" package that has SWF support (for users
that want use SWF for testing or as a migration step) will require that
users unzip a package and run an Ant script to bring down Adobe
dependencies.  I'm thinking we won't use the Flex installer.

I'm still working through why one of our users isn't getting code
completion working in FB and the answer there may affect packaging as well.

I don't know NPM well enough to have an opinion on, if we distribute two
packages (flexjs-with-swf-support and js-only), whether NPM allows us to
have two different packages or whether it is better to structure NPM
releases as js-only package and a swf-support-add-on package.

I also don't know if the NPM install should run a script that fixes up
those launch configs.  Maybe it is better to continue to leave them as "FB
users have to run this additional Ant script" or something like that.  I'm
not sure how important FB still is to our ease-of-migration story.

Maybe showing us what folks would have to type on the command line might
help us form opinions.

Thoughts?
-Alex