I really like doing things and moving forward.

I see only one problem in case of website which has been raised - License.
If you guys figure out whether problematic stuff is ok, we should export
and public that website now. There is no point to wait, building new one
using Royale can always happen later.

I think in Royale you can now build a lot of things, even with that Basic
stuff. It may take a bit more time, but definitely we will be able to have
nice looking, readable and productive for extend that code.

I think we need users who will work on Royale if not for a full time at
least half time. This should be our goal and I believe website is one of
the point to make it happen.

Thanks, Piotr

> On 1/2/18, 9:48 AM, "carlos.rov...@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos Rovira"
> <carlos.rov...@gmail.com on behalf of carlosrov...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> >Hi Alex,
> >
> >Please explain what is ET-Line, I don't know what you refer with that.
> >The fonts used are from Google Fonts, so I think there's no problem at all
> >since is what 99% of the sites use today.
> >Colors as well are impossible to be keep by a license, and I used what I
> >thought was right to me. So that's my work.
>
> When I go to [1], where it says "Enterprise Class Level" there is an icon
> with a rule and a pencil.  What icons or icon font is that?
>
> [1] http://royale.codeoscopic.com
> >
> >In the end, think that a site "face" use to fresh for some time (maybe a
> >couple of years?), so the other point to not worry about this is
> >that if we get the rest done a people come, we'll need to go back a make a
> >new "fresh" version of the site that will rework all that is done.
> >And mostly maybe only a few part will remain beyond content (maybe 10%?).
> >
> >So if we use the current site, we hace 1-2 year to focus on what's
> >important and then with a robust tech, come back to the site and rework it
> >in MXML-AS3
> >
> >About incremental. I'm with you, but with a minimum state. I think we
> >still
> >don't have the minimum to make incremental work. As I said you, people
> >coming to us right now will find they can't make an raw app with what we
> >have and so, they will be unhappy users telling other users that Royale
> >doesn't work or something like that. That's my fear right now.
>
> Carlos, Adobe may not pay me and/or Peter to work on Royale full time for
> another 1 or 2 years.  I don't see how we will get to any minimum state by
> not recruiting more folks like Harbs, Yishay, Josh, and Piotr.  Folks who
> understand how to work on the bleeding-edge of development.  We can only
> do little bits of improvement at a time.  There is no team even 10% of the
> size of the Adobe Flex team to get a ton of code done and then release it.
>  If you think otherwise, then prove it to me by getting people to get a
> ton of code done.
> >
> >For Adobe, to sell Royale, I think will be easy if we build a basic app
> >that looks pretty good. Adobe likes things done simple with good graphics.
> >And that's what many of us wants since right now Royale produces ugly
> >interfaces. Don't you think that's a great goal for many of us?
>
> I think you are still in the Adobe Flex mindset of traditional product
> development and marketing.  If so, that needs to change.  Adobe will not
> sell Royale.  Royale is free open source.  Thus Adobe is generously
> donating Peter and me to Royale.  They could change their minds at any
> time.  It is a donation and not a long-term strategic investment and
> probably never will be.  My goal is to show Adobe that they can save money
> (not make money) and have happier customers by using Royale to produce
> [...]

Piotr Zarzycki