On 2/3/18, 12:32 PM, "Gabe Harbs" <harbs.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Looking good. Very exciting that you’ve got routing working. That’s huge!

I am not an expert at all in routing, but it in my research, it appears
that hash-bang routing is considered deprecated, and only Google ever made
it work.  The "new" way seems to be something called "pushstate", but it
appears to require server-side support for "permalinks".  Hash-bang means
our permalinks and history have "#!" in them.  "Pushstate" allows for
virtual directories in URLs.  "Pushstate" seems to be designed for always
starting at foo.com and retaining history as you navigate around instead
of starting "anywhere" with a permalink.  Server-side support is required
to redirect the virtual directories to something real.  So we need to
decide whether we want to live with hash-bang or not.

And all of this still may not work well depending on whether the crawler
will run JS or not.  Most don't.  I've heard that Google will but may not
wait forever.  So more work may be needed to be indexed by the search
engines.

>Some points/questions:
>
>1. Why is bin-release not working?

Do you mean SWF support?  I haven't spent any time on SWF parity for
ASDoc.  If you mean bin/js-release, you need to read my tutorial ;-).
Plain objects from external sources like JSON usually fail in release.  I
will deal with it later, probably for the March release.

>2. Classes with internal classes produce invalid JSON (i.e.
>org.apache.royale.BrowserInfo)
>3. I don’t package level functions listed (i.e.
>org.apache.royale.utils.array.rangeCheck)

Feel free to work on that.

>4. Has anyone put any work into getting “details” populated? (The JSON
>appears to have the data.)

I think it used to work.  I'll probably get it working this weekend.

>5. I don’t see events listed.

If it isn't in the JSON, then it may have to wait for a later release.

>6. The inheritance breadcrumb trail has links which sort of work, but
>they don’t actually change the displayed contents.

I may get to that.

>The big question: How do I build this with real JSON data locally, so I
>can work on the ASDoc app?

What error are you getting?  It builds with Ant for me and the CI server
is building it.  The build script will build the JSON.

Thanks,
-Alex