I tried to fix most of the advanced selectors for test cases folks brought
up, but things like CSS vars were not tested.  You can look at the tests
we do have to see what was tested.

You can't put in Type Selectors for HTML Elements without specifying the
HTML namespace for them.  Maybe that's what you ran into.

The Express set is supposed to be pre-compositions of Basic beads and not
a whole lot of new functionality.  So I would not want to see you make
changes directly to Express components if your implementation isn't more
composition of beads.

If you are creating a new SWC and your question is whether to start by
subclassing Basic or Express, I don't think it really matters.

My 2 cents,
-Alex