Very nice, but IMO, this is over-engineering.  We are talking about a
space-delimited list where some portion of it is considered "fixed"
another portion is user-settable and another portion comes from other
attributes.  Some generic StringUtils or ListUtils might be more PAYG,
especially if they are opt-in and just used to manage the user-settable
portion.  Think of it this way:  Every MDL app needs to carry around
ClassList even if they never change the classname.  I don't care too much
since it is in MDL and not in the core, so keep it if you want to, but I
can think of lots of other tasks we should be working on than creating
cool classes to manage a list of strings.

My 2 cents,
-Alex