It may be that everyone is ignoring Justin, so I thought I would provide
the link; http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution.html#sigs-and-sums

<quote>
The names of signature and checksum files *MUST* be formed by adding to the
name of the artifact the following suffixes:

.asc for a (ASCII armored) PGP signature
.sha1 for a SHA-1 checksum
.sha256 for a SHA-256 checksum
.sha512 for a SHA-512 checksum
</quote>

This is not the case for https://dist.apache.org/repos/
dist/dev/royale/0.9.2/rc2
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/royale/0.9.2/rc2/apache-royale-0.9.2-src.zip>

I also can't easily find the KEYS file that MUST be published on website
(typically on download page, otherwise in repository root).

You WILL get a friendly correction from someone in Infra, probably Henk
Penning, who is the long standing (for decades) security/crypto pillar of
the foundation. It is a lot easier to simply change the file name according
before that.

HTH & Cheers
Niclas

--