Hi Carlos,

You can use negative words like "flaw" if you want.  But really, the fact is
that nobody has had time to work on Touch support.  Mainly because the folks
interested in migrating to Royale from Flex have not required it yet.

Drawer is cool, and new, but I don't know that migrating folks will have a high
demand for it.  They all seem to be using DataGrid.

The principles around Touch support in Royale is that interactions are handled
by Controllers.  Search for *MouseController.as and there should be a
controller for each interactive component.  The controllers are specified in
CSS as the IBeadController.  You can replace the MouseController with a
TouchController by specifying a TouchController as the IBeadController.  This
should even allow us to leverage CSS Media Query to specify MouseControllers
for mouse runtime environments and TouchControllers for touch environments.

If you've got the time to work on the first TouchController, great, but I would
much rather see a DataGrid and other composite, higher-level Flex components
working in Jewel so we can try to close down the discussion of why dependencies
on Basic and Express are not a bad thing and get another release out, and so
that customers that are actively trying to migrate their apps can use Jewel for
their visuals if they want.

Thanks,
-Alex

On 7/4/18, 6:47 AM, "carlos.rov...@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos Rovira"