I believe I have convinced the management to go with Apache Royale as part
the Deflexing effort of our Flex applications. The first project is going to
be very important and they are going to monitor it closely.

I want to be realistic and figure out the best approach and I need your help
on this. I am an enterprise java developer with working knowledge of the UI
technologies. I understand the Flex programming model but don't have any
hands on experience. I tried to get an emulation component working. I
struggled. I was able to get the emulation working by cut/paste/edit with
the Royale class implementation but this may not be the best approach.

I now realise that my developer and I don't have the necessary skillset to
get the emulation components implemented in a timely manner. This is a huge
risk. How can I mitigate this risk? Is it realistic to count on you guys to
deliver the emulation components ( not sure )? Can I go with the Apache
Royale native APIs ( Jewel, Basic, Express etc ) for the mx/spark components
that are not emulated?

Also the 3rd party APIs used in my application are

AlivePDF.swc
Cairngorm.swc
CairngormEnterprise.swc
diagrammer.swc
drumbeatinsight.swc
granite.swc
kap-layouts-1.6.2.swc
MaskedTextInput.swc
multicolumnform.swc
svg-1.6.2.swc
flex-iframe-1.4.6.swc
ObjectHandles-1.0.0013.swc

Any experience/recommendation in handling the 3rd party libraries?
I am working on the Prototype for the Management currently. But I was
thinking of trying to get the Application ( all components ) compiled using
the royale-asjs by adding stub for the missing mx/spark components. Any
other recommendations? Again thanks a bunch for your help on this.

--
Sent from: http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/