Hi,

I don't have experience with using mxmlc directly, don't know your reasons,
but if you want to just build your project, maybe you can consider Maven
since I think abstracts you from that complexity. Check this link:

Build Apache Royale with Maven
<https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/Build-Apache-Royale-with-Maven>

If you follow the maven way you have the AMF RemoteObject projects examples
described here :

https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/Apache-Royale-communication-with-AMF-and-RemoteObject

Bonus link to set up the environment quickly in Mac OS

Mac OS X Development Environment In 5'!
<https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/Apache-Royale-OS-X-development-environment-in-five-minutes>

Hope that helps

Best