Mentors,

We have a PR [1] that imports existing code from another project and the
code is BSD 3-Clause Licensed.  What's the process for including a slightly
modified version of this source code into Rya?

I did a bit of research into other Apache projects and it seems like this
is fine if we keep the original copy right notices on the files (example of
the original file here [2]). And then we modify our LICENSE file like
thrift did here [3].

The PR has the update to the NOTICE file here [4] and LICENSE file here [5]
and kept the original copy right notices on the source file (example here
[6] ... note that the PR will remove the Apache 2.0 license on that file
soon).

>From a licensing perspective, is that sufficient to pull in this code?  (Is
this the correct place for this question or should I move it somewhere
else?)

--Aaron

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-rya/pull/106
[2]